Sunday, October 12, 2008


Water. 

I see. 
I see the water beneath me, the waves gently crashing into each other. I look up at the sky and wonder what heaven must look like. 

I hear. 
I hear the cars rush past me crossing the bridge. Everyone is so consumed with them- 
selves that no one notices me standing up there. 

I watch. 
I watch as my hand releases its grip on the cable next to me. My feet seem to move by themselves as they take a step closer to the edge of the hand rail. 

I feel. I feel the wind blow past me as I jump. I feel the coldness of the dark waves as they engulf me. 

I see. 
I see the sky disappear as I sink farther into the darkness. 

I hear. 
I hear sweet silence. 

I want. 
I want to feel this sense of peace all around me. 

I feel.  
I feel the sorrow leave me as I shut my eyes and accept the darkness. 

By: Alice Merkel 

"The place where optimism most flourishes is the insane asylum." :Unknown Author

3 comments:

RICK-STAR said...

Nice stuff I need to put more stuff ok my blog I just made it as you can tell LOL!!!! Um to to rickstar.Tumblr.com it's another one of my websites LOL it's cool you should make one it's like a blog but different!!!! LOL later

Girl Wonder said...

this is such a good poem Merknasty

RICK-STAR said...

it is really good and you made this your self you need to write music with us!!! lol